Pound Buddies Rescue-The inside of the story.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Life Story

My name is Katie Leonard. I'm 20 years old and I am a stay at home mom. I have an 8 month old boy who keeps me on my feet, especially since he is crawling now. I also work with Lifeline for Pound Buddies and the SPCA. Between the three I really don't get any alone time. Not only do I clean cages, feed and water dogs at Vector Control, my husband (Brian) and I host Adopt A Days at Petco every Saturday and we are on emergency calls 24/7, which means if a dog was hit by a car in our area we would go get it, etc... We have foster dogs at our home too that we take care of and train, so like I said, I'm a busy body. At the SPCA, Brian feeds and waters the wolves, horses, steer, deer, etc... and I work with the bunnies and some of the more exotic animals. Usually Brian works in a shop, but his shop laid him off and hasn't called back, so he's working with me at the shelters for now. Brian also works on cars on the side, he's working on getting some of his certifications. We've been married for a little over a year now and we are still going strong. I am a HUGE animal lover, so I'm always looking for excuses to get more. As of right now we have a puppy, rabbit and 2 cats that belong to us. Then, I have a foster dog who is now up for adoption. I had another foster dog also, but she just got adopted this past week. Your probably thinking how do we manage an 8 month old, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a rabbit, plus work at the Shelters. Well, we get a lot of help from my 2 sisters, Shelly and Steph and my mom, Kathy not to mention my neighbors, Michelle and Brian. With their help, our son is always taken care of. My life is always full of drama or excitement, not by choice that's just the way it's been since I was a teen. That's where I got my title for my blog, The Katie Chronicle because that's what my dad and his friends referred to me as. So, if you ever need to hear some good, crazy, out of this world stories, then keep updated on my blog because those are the stories of my life...
posted by Katie at Sunday, February 11, 2007

1 Comments:

Wow it sounds like you live a very exciting life. I'll be sure to stop back by.

February 11, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home