Pound Buddies Rescue-The inside of the story.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Roaring 20's party was GREAT!

Well, it was an exciting night last night. Our Roaring 20's party turned out wonderful. Not only did we make a good profit, but we all had lots of fun doing it. Me and Dawn (another PBR volunteer) ran the money wheel and Brian (my hubby) dealt Black Jack, Roxanne and Bridgett ran the cash/chip table, Robert and Connie did 50/50's and Sueann did a little bit of everything. There were more there, I just can't name them all. I'm not sure the exact profit, but I am sure I'll know by Monday or Tuesday. Sadie is doing ok, of course she is on lock down for 2 weeks straight. She broke her crate we had her in ( which was metal) so Bob let us use his big plastic crate that's more enclosed. She is allowed to do "find me for food" which is where instead of feeding her out of a dish, I make her eat out of my hand, when I say come and she comes then she gets a piece of food. It takes forever, but it lets her know that I'm the alfa (boss). Also, Sadie is let out on a leash in the house to outside for potty time and exercise, which is usually 15-20 minutes at a time. Other than that, she's left in a crate to let her know I am dominant... not her. We are hoping this will correct her mind on who is in control. It's hard being so stern with her, but it's a matter of life and death to her, so I guess it's better this way. My cat Thumper is chasing the mouse on the computer right now, it's quite entertaining. This is his favorite thing to do other than torment Brians Balla Sharks and his Silver Tip Sharks. Funny funny. Hopefully this week is a good one for ALL!!!
posted by Katie at Sunday, March 11, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home